Let’s find out the difference between USED TO and AM USED TO + Ing words
USED TO + VERB
I used to read a lot of books.
(Mi Khup Pustaka Vachaycho)
She used to run very fast in her school days.
They used to work very hard in their project.
For Negatives: Didn’t + Use to
She didn’t use to run very fast in her school days.
They didn’t use to work very hard in their project.
All Subjects + am/is/are/was/were/will be/ + USED TO + ING words
I am used to running fast nowadays.
(Initially, I could not run very fast, now I have a developed a habit of running very fast.)
She is used to drinking a lot of beer these days.
We are used to travelling in much rush on Mumbai local trains.
I am not used to running fast nowadays.
She is not used to drinking a lot of beer.
We are not used to travelling in much rush on Mumbai local trains.
Let’s read some more examples:
- When I was young, I used to play a lot of basketball.
- I am used to waking up early for my new job.
- I used to visit my parents on the weekend.
- Matheran in Neral used to be the most popular tourist destination. These days, people prefer to go to Mahabaleshwar.
- Did you use to work for TCS?
- She still isn’t used to working at night.
- Don’t worry. You will soon be used to cooking for yourself.